So...
I drove home for christmas, it snowed like crazy- then drove back, salt all over the road and by default my car.
Monday I decide it's time for a car wash!
I was supposed to be at a client all day, but the client wasn't ready for me so I had some time to spare- & 2 errands- grocery store, car wash.
Grocery store: Check
Enter: Car Wash.
I should've drove away after I pulled up and realized I couldn't pay there, so I have to reverse, park, go inside- now back to the wash.
As I'm pulling in I wonder... "should I have folded my mirrors in?"
I have a 4Runner (like everyone else in Denver, mildly annoying) so it's a big car and a tight fit.
"Oh well, nothing's gonna happen... "
The wash starts up, I get on my iphone- facebook ap, great way to kill time.
THEN I here A loud noise- look up, the spinning brush has ripped my mirror the opposite way of where it should be, bended it back.
I freak out,
drop the phone,
hit my window button-
of course the window it automatic so it slides ALL THE WAY DOWN,
no time.
no time.
I reach out- getting wet- pull my mirror in.
Well, right about this time the previously mentioned spinning brush comes up from behind me and before I CAN pull back into the car- it slaps me in the face!
Not only do i have car wash face, my entire interior/ work clothes & phone are soaked.
I learned two valuable lessons on Monday.
#1. Fold mirrors in before entering the car wash.
#2. The spinning brush is not cotton rags as previously suspected, it's rubber.
I learned two valuable lessons on Monday.
#1. Fold mirrors in before entering the car wash.
#2. The spinning brush is not cotton rags as previously suspected, it's rubber.

Oh Lora--still laughing!!!
ReplyDeleteThis is a good one sugar. 333
ReplyDeleteOk- Car washes are dangerous because we did the same thing when we had the Saab and the car wash broke off a little piece of the mirror so when we returned it to the dealer, we had to tell him about it.
ReplyDeleteI have an image of you getting slapped in the face by the rubber brush that keeps replaying in my mind on a loop.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteLora... I just laughed out loud at work... not a quiet chuckle.. a belly laugh..
ReplyDelete