Banana Republic Pants

I will make this quick... I don't have much time...
Spent the last hour and a half creating an Evite for my Holiday Party- that's the politically correct term- i think i invited all traditional people, but just in case I have a non-tradish, I had to cover my bases.

What's that? You want to know what the EVITE says? Well alright...

"Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Come Over and Play....
Wine & Cheese, Beer Pong & Smores, Come Toast the Holiday"

I knew you'd like it!

Now,
I have a story to tell you about Banana Republic pants. In telling this story, I'm also setting out to inform any of you who might be in the same boat I was... this has the potential to change your life- as it did mine.

A few weeks back i went shopping at the Castle Rock Outlets, I completely fell into the Banana Republic Outlet 40% off of the entire store! I was very excited and enlisted the help of a sales girl to help me pick out some basic work clothes. I don't normally ask people to help me, but for some reason I was in a good mood and thought i'd take this chick for a ride...

 I really needed some black pants.. if you've ever shopped for pants at Banana then you know they have ridiculous names, so I'm all like...
 "the rhonda's are too high waisted for me, and I don't like the nancy's back pockets with flaps, and the jennifers are too tight through the leg... and really none of them have pockets!!! Do you have a black pair with front pickets?"

This is when the sales girl changed my life...
"oh, they all have pockets" she says. "No they dont! I have like 5 pair of Banana pants at home and none of them have pockets" "Yeah they do, they're just sewn shut, you have to rip through the stitching once you buy them"

First of all, who does that!? Why in the world would you sew pant pockets shut? And... if you're gonna to do it.... why isn't there a warning tag "these pant pockets have been sew shut! (for some stupid reason) don't worry- you do have pockets! "

I bought 2 pairs of pants that day, went home, and spent 10 minutes of unnecessary time ripping open the 7 pairs of pant pockets. Now when I'm at the office, I find myself walking around with my hands in my pockets... very grateful that I have the option... and hoping people notice my now effective use of the front pocket.








1 comment: