Friday Morning, I stopped by the gas station,
Get out of my car all ready to get gas, when a red jeep pulls up to the pump behind me and out steps-
Bernie Madoff.
Not even kidding, my stomach dropped, I'm all like-
"What is he doing out of jail?"
Now, most of you know.... I'm a Today Show junkie, and I have not seen any stories about the escape/ release of this swindler.
What should i do?
Citizens arrest?
Well- I've got on flats... and it's friday jeans day.... so my attire is agrees with this scenario....
Anyway, as I'm thinking about what to do with Mr Madoff-
I finish pumping gas, put the nozzle back in its carrier, and realize the gas hose (the one that hangs down from overhead) is pressed against my open car door.
I grab the hose- to move it behind the door- so I can shut the door, and the pump falls back out of its carrier and onto my foot.
I start screaming, hopping around on one foot. Bernie is staring.
Turns out it wasn't Bernie.
As he came forward to help i realized he wasn't the perp i'd made him out to be.
But- All i'm saying- if there were to be a celebrity look alike contest- He'd win.
And...
If Old Bernie turns up missing- Denver might be a good place for the authorities to start their search.
On a side note- foot still hurts. There is a bump, small, but obvious, and i may have developed a fear of the pump... as i already have a fear of the car wash.
Just a word to the wise, gas stations are dangerous.
Just a word to the wise, gas stations are dangerous.


You make me laugh! Hang out this weekend??? Please?!
ReplyDelete