Whole30

Ok... I am NOT a "dieter" i like food way too much, all varieties, all shapes and sizes
The only thing i will NOT eat are hard boiled eggs (just can't get past the smell) that doesn't mean I love everything else out there- but i'll eat it.

I like looking forward to the next meal, I love planning the day around what we'll be having for dinner, & you get the point...

Well recently I have been feeling out of sorts, under a lot of stress, drinking way too much wine at night while watching some seriously dramatic real housewives reunions- overall Just feeling "unhealthy." Especially after coming out of "busy season" working very long weeks, a lot of eating out, and Zero exercising and any of you who know me know that I hardly ever missed a workout- until i started working full time:(

So the point of all this is that I have been reading a lot about eating Paleo (like the cavemen) and I have been getting back into regular workouts, so yesterday I decided to try this diet called the whole30.


Today is day 2.
So far, so good.
It's all about "letting your body heal" taking out all sugar, all dairy, all grains, and focusing on how you feed your body.Back to basics and not cheating, not even one little bit. No excuses, just doing it.

I am hoping to learn alot along the way, different ways to cook "clean" meals.
But above everything else I am hoping to feel better. My eyes have been really bloodshot lately, I get dizzy when i stand up alot, and I'm just tired. I know most of it is stress, but alot of it is probably the way I've been eating. Not super unhealthy, but not super conscious either.

So that's it. You should check it out. Think about it. It's an experiment.
I hope that by putting it out here on my blog I'll be more accountable & stick with it.
I am motivated, It's only 30 days, and it's summertime so it's alot easier to do with all this access to fresh produce. The hardest part is giving up the alcohol... but I'm doing it!

Wish me luck!







3 comments:

  1. I will try to help you as much as I can sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah SUG-IZLE!! Was that 30 days up when you were here for the 4th?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it was- I ended up doing 3 weeks. It's amazing- lost weight- & feeling really great!

    ReplyDelete