I've been keeping a weekly diary of my thoughts/feeleings about pregnancy.
Just a word document titled "Hi Baby" and I was planning to share.
After re-reading those entries I've decided not to share.
I shouldn't complain. So I'm not gonna do it on my blog.
But I want to be honest.... it hasn't been easy.
This might lend to my previous post,
the part where I said we didn't really weigh all the options.
All I was trying to do was plan around busy season.
I never thought about morning sickness. Not once.
My mom wasn't sick, my friends weren't sick, so I wouldn't be sick.
Starting around week 5, I got sick.
Nauseous all day long and throwing up every morning.
Saltines in the nightstand and comfort food for days but nothing worked.
At week 10 I told Casey I quit.
I quit being pregnant.
I would have done anything to make it stop.
...Let's be honest I was throwing up in Phoenix and I was probably 1 week pregnant.
That's when Ali and I both knew.
That's when Ali and I both knew.
The boys didn't catch on to that one.
Thank God for good girlfriends...
In addition to morning sickness, It WAS busy season.
You know that thing I was trying to plan around.
I was miserable.
Especially in the begining when I was so sick and felt sorry for myself because I was so sick and I couldn't focus and every.single.person who came into my office annoyed me. Their presence alone made me more nauseous and all I wanted to do was go home and sleep or thow up in my own bathroom.
Yeah. (TRYING NOT TO COMPLAIN HERE)
Yeah. (TRYING NOT TO COMPLAIN HERE)
By week 8 - I had to tell my bosses I was pregnant.
Can you imagine? No friends. No family. Co-workers were the only ones who knew.
But I had to do it because the expectations were too high and I was being a complete brat.
Such a brat.
I told one co-worker who sits by me he wore too much cologne.
The thought of it right now makes my stomach hurt.
I swear I threw up numerous times soley because of that cologne.
I told another co-worker he couldn't eat at his desk becasue the smell was nauseating.
So then he started eating in the copy room, not even kidding. A little chair by the copy machine.
I threw a fit when they ordered sandwich trays for a lunch meeting.
THEN I made them wait to start the meering until after I warmed up some soup.
and the next week when they ordered BBQ... I told our admin that it smelled up the whole floor and I was going home.
Oh, it's funny now.
After 12 weeks I FINALY got some life-changing anti-nausea medicine.
Such a brat.
I told one co-worker who sits by me he wore too much cologne.
The thought of it right now makes my stomach hurt.
I swear I threw up numerous times soley because of that cologne.
I told another co-worker he couldn't eat at his desk becasue the smell was nauseating.
So then he started eating in the copy room, not even kidding. A little chair by the copy machine.
I threw a fit when they ordered sandwich trays for a lunch meeting.
THEN I made them wait to start the meering until after I warmed up some soup.
and the next week when they ordered BBQ... I told our admin that it smelled up the whole floor and I was going home.
Oh, it's funny now.
After 12 weeks I FINALY got some life-changing anti-nausea medicine.
(My doctor wanted me to wait until I was through the first 12 weeks)
As soon as I started taking it I felt better.
What's scary about that is I still take it every morning.
I've tried to wait it out, but as soon as I get out of bed and start moving around I get intense waves of nausea so I pop a pill and it works instantly. I'm stocking up on these magic pills for the next pregnancy because I would never wait 12 weeks again.
Here is the culprit. @ 13 weeks old.
He/She totally looks like Casey. Right?
This kid better look like me, but i have a feeling it will be a mini-Casey.
I'm making one for the other team over here.
Casey soooooo owes me... I remind him every day:)
He/She totally looks like Casey. Right?
This kid better look like me, but i have a feeling it will be a mini-Casey.
I'm making one for the other team over here.
Casey soooooo owes me... I remind him every day:)

It will all be worth it in the end. Easy for me to say as I was never sick with Henry, but it will be.
ReplyDeletePromise.
And you are almost halfway there!!
Oh, and most importantly, yes, Casey owes you BIG.
ReplyDeleteI can't believe the dilemma he will have picking out your push present. :)
And darn it he better get you one...one of my friends has got to start the trend in Wichita!
I was SICK SICK SICK and took that medicine my ENTIRE pregnancy so do you feel bad!!! THis sounds bad but i HATED being pregnant and I think people are LIARS when they say they love it. HA! We are SO SO SO excited for you guys!!!! love Yall!
ReplyDeleteThat was me above...but it says unknown! :)
ReplyDelete