Today I am babysitting.
Not really, but kind of.
We lost a client to another firm - whatever.
So, it's standard for the new audit team to review our prior year workpapers in order for them to get a better understanding of the engagement.
The only catch is, while the new team is reviewing our work, somebody has to sit in the room & watch them.
This exciting job has fallen to me (the first year)
When i first got assigned the job last week, I assumed it was because of my babysitting certification (circa 1994)
You know, the one day class,
put on by the local parks and rec,
at the end of the day you're issued a plastic,
very official looking,
very official looking,
babysitting certification card.
Hey, back then, I thought it'd be good for business.
And it was- made me more marketable.
But as i got to thinking i realized I probably didn't put that on my resume.
should've, but i didn't
Pretty much this is the mindless task that falls to the lowest person on the totem pole,
enter: me.
So all day i get to sit in the room, watch this dude, and make sure he doesn't take something/ upload any of our files to his zipdrive.
On the way into the office i was thinking, how i should approach this... I need to take the assignment seriously.
My main concern:
Where should I sit?
I came up with some options,
Set up my computer & give the casual, friendly stare down from across the table:
Screw the computer set up, just walk in with nothing and do the ol' "watcha doing?" pose
OR even better, screw the whole table, just zoom around the room in my chair, keep 'em guessing-
"where is she gonna cruise to next?"
Well, I'm here....
&
I went with the first option, seemed most natural.
Although option 3 would've been the most fun.
But I assure you, nothing's getting by me.
I'd like to see this guy try something funny-
because he's messing with the wrong lady accountant!


Hahaha, you crack me up Lora! The visuals are amazing.
ReplyDeleteI left you something fun on my blog- so be sure to check it out!!